HousingWire 2017 Rising Star Dennis Cisterna, the chief executive officer of Investability Solutions, has some advice for novice real estate investors: the five biggest mistakes real estate investors make — and how to avoid making them yourself.
In his article for U.S. News, Cisterna (who featured Pioneer Homes CEO Al Beahn on his Investability podcast) lists:
- Limiting yourself to a specific market
- Over- or under-renovating (bonus: What to Fix When Flipping — and How to Cut Your Costs)
- Not understanding how debt works
- Doing everything yourself (bonus: Be an Investor, Not a Landlord (The Definitive Guide))
- Not saving for repairs and maintenance
For details on each mistake, and to prevent them in your investing endeavors, continue to the full article.